- Your personal data – what is it?
- Who are we?
- How do we process your personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Wallis Consultancy is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Wallis Consultancy complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to take forward your instructions
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- Your contact details will never be shared with a 3rd party save in relation to items listed under paragraph 4 or with your consent see paragraph 5.
- So that we can carry out your instructions to us
- Where processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations to include, but not limited to, in relation to tax.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with your express consent.
We keep data for 6 months from the date that your involvement with the consultancy ceases.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Wallis Consultancy holds about you:
- The right to request that Wallis Consultancy corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Wallis Consultancy to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that Wallis Consultancy transmit that data directly to another data controller,
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data,
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Data Compliance at Wallis Consultancy, Brynhyfryd, Vicarage Road, Potten End, Hertfordshire, HP4 2QZ or by email to email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, via the contact form on their website or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.